Lost Data Model in Excel 2016

SOQLee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Powerpivot disappeared from the ribbon. Is there a quick fix or should I abandon my current file and go forward with the backup copy?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi SOQLee,

If Power Pivot is installed, you should be able to restore the PowerPivot tab by

Right-click on the Ribbon > Customize the Ribbon... > on the right side of the window, check the box next to Power Pivot > OK.

If you don't have Power Pivot on this list of available tabs, you will need to reinstall it through the COM Add-Ins dialog.

Upvote 0
Hi Jerry,

The first place I checked was Tools -->Options---> Add-ins ---> COM Add-Ins

The Powerpivot box is checked to load on Start up

When I right-click on Customize Ribbon, I don't have a Powerpivot option

Could this have anything to do with Trust/Security settings....I'm working remotely on VPN from my laptop. First time Powerpivot disappear from the ribbon while updating a model.

Powerpivot not available for any working files...

Upvote 0
I don't think that working through VPN would cause that. Are you running Excel on your local computer and using VPN to access data, or actually running Excel remotely?

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-in. Uncheck box > close the COM Add-In dialog > Reopen dialog > check box.

Also see what happens when you try to access the Data Model through Ribbon > Data tab > Data Tools group > Manage Data Model.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok...so it has to do with multiple Microsoft Mashup Evaluation Container running in Win10; up to 7 instances when I have closed the Excel file(s). I closed these container files via Task Manager. Then re-open the file, the data model was restored; Powerpivot option was on the ribbon.

However, now I'm getting multiple Microsoft Mashup Evaluation Container files each time I open an Excel file..the container files hog all the RAM and freeze up the file so that I can't save and exit. I'm running Excel 2016 from a laptop, accessing my files remotely via VPN from a network drive.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back