Power Pivot page filter selection from a cell

VRGood

Using Excel 2016 with Power Pivot 64 bit

I am currently trying to convert an Excel report that uses a Third Party application to a Power Pivot Report. The Third Party applications pulls in data from our database, but we will no longer be using the application and need to use Get and Transform to pull the data.

In cell B4 I have something like 000..999 or 001, 053, 054, 064. I have created VBA that loops through a list of cells and changes the values in B2, B3, and B4 changing the report based upon the selection in these cells. The VBA is part of the old report and works fine.

I now need to convert this report to a Power Pivot table using the cells as the source for a page filter. So if B4 contains something like 000..999 the filter on the Power Pivot table would select all items between 000 and 999. If it contains something like 001, 053, 054, 064 then it would select only those four items. In addition to this cells B2 and B3 have the same type information and same set up. These cells represent General Ledger Division, Department and Location so there could be multiple combinations. My plan is to use these three cells as page filters in the power pivot report.

Just an as FYI, these are text fields not numbers.

I'm not sure this is even possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirOliver

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back