How to combine multiple tables with different headings in Excel between many files that can contain one or more tables in addition to plain text that

stefanoste78

Board Regular
Good evening.
I created a post in the forum chandoo to ask if it was possible, after transforming files with different extensions in Excel, to find tables (which may have similar headers, different or mixed) present in the ciscun files containing in a folder (the files will be many for this I would need an automatic procedure), and then merge the contents of the tables into a single consolidated table.
The headings must be unique, that is, if a header does not exist, it must be added to the consolidated file (this every time there is not an identical headline).
I was told by chiro (as you can see from the link that you place under the message) that you can identify the tabelelle automatically, through the use of power query.
If it is difficult to do, I could insert more similar headers, for each column, in such a way as to find the macro within the contents of the file, rows that have these headings (even if not contiguous). Once you have found (then found the table), you transfer the content, possibly adding the headings that are not there.
If the system is difficult, I could erase for each header cell of the consolidated table, a series of similar words, which could refer to the same content of the column, such as: company name, name, etc. in this way there will be a comparison between the title of each table and the different ones for each column of the consolidated table.
Can you help me?
Thank you

link:
https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/q...considering-only-the-files-with-tables.39044/ 0 Links
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...ings-in-excel-between-many-files-that-ca.html

<svg class="SnapLinksHighlighter" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"> <rect width="0" height="0"></rect> <!-- Used for easily cloning the properly namespaced rect --> </svg>

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back