PowerPivot DAX Measure Error

melq64

Hi,

I created a measure to countrows using search to return part of a text which is working fine but I wan't to add to this measure to also count values from another column based on criteria that it does not equal blank. Here is the dax formula:

TotalPOBoxAccepScan:=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('DistProfile v1-3',SEARCH("PO BOX",'DistProfile v1-3'[Dest_Address],1,0)>0))&&FILTER('DistProfile v1-3','DistProfile v1-3'[Acceptance]<>BLANK()))

The error I get is "Semantic Error: The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot convert to a scalar value"

Appreciate any feedback.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Was able to shorten it and get rid of the If statement using following syntax:

Code:
=CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table1),Filter(Table1,Table1[Acceptance]<>BLANK()&&Search("PO BOX",Table1[Address],1,0)>0))

Upvote 0
Thanks that worked but just realized my blank values are represented by "No Scan" so i tried replacing blank with "No Scan" but got error saying "cannot compare values of type date with type text, consider using the Value or Format function to convert..."

Upvote 0
Was able to change on my end with both DAX formulas with no problems. Maybe a formatting issue with your data.

Upvote 0
Hmm..must be my column format which is custom date format. Will have a play. Thanks again for your help, appreciate it:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back