Trailing Twelve Months Calculation with Drill Down to Customer and Product

jclancyjr

Hi, I have a question. Does anyone have any articles or videos on calculating Trailing Twelve Months (TTM) sales and comparing it to the previous TTM sales? I was successful in formulating a TTM Sales (see below) if there are sales in the current period. In my example my last reported period is June 2018. The DAX formula below roles back twelve months and calculates correctly. However, when I use this same formula to calculate the TTM for each customer and product it does not work. I have determined that the reason it is not working is, if a customer or product is not sold in June 2018 it starts at the date of it's most recent months sales. So if the customer did not buy anything since March 2018 the formula goes from March 2018 to April 2018. How do I lock the dates for June 2018 to July 2017?

CALCULATE(sum(tblActSales[<wbr>Sales]),DATESBETWEEN(tblDates[<wbr>DateValue],[Last Date - 12 MO],[Last Sales Date]))

LASTDATE(tblActSales[Date])

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back