Board Regular
4DD95zPeoS5p
I can't tell if the image is loaded.
4DD95zPeoS5p
Here's the url:
https://imagebin.ca/v/4DD95zPeoS5p

Anyway, sum is sum(Table1[value])
maxmo is max(xmonth)
measure 1 is if([maxmo]<12,divide([sum]*12,[maxmo],[sum])

How do I get the subtotal at line 1 to equal 48.8 and not 44. I understand why its 44, but I don't have the ability to figure out sumx with an artificial table and the if command etc. etc. just to get the subtotal to work.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I came up with this, but this can't be the answer:
sumx(ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(Table1,Table1[Parent],Table1[child]),
"sumz",[sum],"maxmoz",[maxmo]),if([maxmoz]<12,divide([sumz]*12,[maxmoz]),[sumz]))

because it only works with this specific pivot table. Is there a general answer?

Upvote 0
what you are after should be achieve by this

=<br><span class="Keyword" style="color:#0070FF">SUMX</span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696"> (</span><br><span class="indent4">    </span><span class="Keyword" style="color:#0070FF">SUMMARIZE</span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696"> (</span><br>        Table1,<br>        Table1[Parent],<br>        Table1[char]<br><span class="indent4">    </span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696">)</span>,<br><span class="indent4">    </span><span class="Keyword" style="color:#0070FF">IF</span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696"> (</span><br>        [maxmo] < <span class="Number" style="color:#EE7F18">12</span>,<br><span class="indent8">        </span><span class="Keyword" style="color:#0070FF">DIVIDE</span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696"> (</span><br>            [SUM] * <span class="Number" style="color:#EE7F18">12</span>,<br>            [maxmo]<br><span class="indent8">        </span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696">)</span>,<br>        [SUM]<br><span class="indent4">    </span><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696">)</span><br><span class="Parenthesis" style="color:#969696">)</span><br>

now if your model is different than what you have shown then the answer could be different

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back