Combining two tables Power Query

Craigc3814

Board Regular
I am using Excel 2016 and Powerquery

I have a table of Open work called Open
I have a table of Closed work called Closed
I have a third table called Timekeeping that shows hours worked on open and closed work and they are merged based off of a unique work number to each of the two tables above that shows me how much time was spent on closed work and how much has currently been spent on open work(Separately).
A new fourth table called Employee Name

The output for the Open and Closed table are pivotables that I can slice through and quickly show data regarding open work and closed work

Both tables share the relationship Employee Name

I want to create two pivot tables that work off of one slicer, When I click on an employee name I want it to show me everything that they have open on one pivottable, then everything that they have closed on another pivot table, I cannot get this to work. I have tried creating a relationship between Open and Closed based off of Employee Name but there are duplicate values in each table so this causes an issue.

I created a separate table called Employee names where I removed the duplicates then created one relationship from that to open, then a separate relationship between that and Closed with the hopes that it would realize the connection from there with no luck.

I feel like this is a very easy thing to fix and I am just overthinking it but I dont know what else to try without formatting the tables exactly the same and appending them which I really do not want to do for multiple reasons.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back