Misca

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm working on a tabular model where there's waiting times in seconds. I've calculated a measure that displays the average waiting time in seconds (10 sec = 10) but how can I show it in (hours) minutes and seconds? The normal number formatting doesn't seem to work ( Normal time formatting "hh:mm:ss" shows "hh:mm:ss" in letters. Even if the seconds are divided with 86400). I can display it in the right format using FORMAT-function but text doesn't work on charts that well...

The tabular model is created in Visual Studio and the measures can be created either in VS or PBI desktop.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I think you need to convert the integer colum for seconds to a fraction of a day (divide by 60*60*24), set the column format to date and then format it as time.

Upvote 0
Thanks for you suggestion. It works on row level in a column but what I'm after is a measure (average waiting time) that I can use in charts as well as in tables. And I just can't get the end result to look like time / duration at all. I've changed the data type of my additional column to time but when I try to average that, the measure is fixed to decimal and I can't change it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back