Help with power query

djmaccrea

Hello,

New to the forum. I'm having issues with query updates. I've created a query and moved things around a bit, added new columns and rows for totals and titles but now if I update the query it erases all of the changes and formatting I made outside of the query and just displays the original query data. Is there a way to lock/freeze a selection of cells so they won't be affected by the query update? Alternatively, is there a way to only update certain query values at a time? I can provide files or screenshots if necessary. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi dj,

that is not possible to do. Every time you update a query the whole table is refreshed, which I think is a great thing!

Upvote 0
Ok, in that case is there a better way to retrieve data from a separate workbook automatically? In my example as a brewer I'm trying to use a query to gather raw material costs from one workbook and use our brew sheets to calculate totals. Yet, since I made a bunch of changes to the format of the table, if the query is updated, the whole thing becomes unusable. Any help is sincerely appreciated, thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back