jaustin

Running 2016 Pro Plus. Have a large (about 110,000) row table that has also been loaded into the Data Model (no relationships established). Creating several Pivot Tables from the Data Model. Assumed that a separate PT cache was established for each PT. Created Slicers for each PT (using the same list of PT fields). Finding out that there is cross talk between the slicers and their associated PTs that I did not expect. For some of the slicers (when I view their Report Connections), I get an error message "The Following filter controls will all be connected to this report because they belong to the same hierarchy - Market Area (Market Area 1), Market Area (Market Area 2)". "Market Area" is the table field name. I did not know about hierarchies and had not tried to establish them. In researching I can see how to create and remove hierarchies, and understand how they might be used (but these hierarchies are not showing up as independent entries on the field list). I also observed another error that said they could not be individually disconnected (slicer/PT) because they were part of the same slicer cache. I was not aware of slicer caches nor the type of behavior I'm observing. I thought that creating slicers from a PT that was created separately would also provide the ability to create independent slicers that would be associated only with that PT. Am I not doing something correctly, and if so, how do I correct. Or, is this a limitation of Power Pivot that I did not understand?

Thanks in advance
jaustin

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back