Power Query Combine

EvilC

Board Regular
Hey all,

I have a few report i extract daily and clean up in power query to give me a neat table with the data i need. Now as i have different markets i need to extract the same report multiple time for all markets. So the report structure does not change only the output data is from another market. Unfortunately there is no way to distinguish the different markets in the output report. Only when i rename them. So my question is:

Can i combine two query's made in power query so i can use the data in one pivot table?

I have noticed that i can combine tables in power query. But then when in say want to import that connection into a new file, the combined table is not shown in power query.

Any help would be highly appreciated as this keeps me up at night :)

Evil

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Can you run one query that includes each market and adds a "Market" column to the results? Then the pivot table could return a report for any market you want.

Upvote 0
Hey Ron,

I need the data per day per hour. So in the tool i can filter various markets at one time, but the report will aggregate the info. So all volumes at 7 o'clock will be summed together. I was just wondering if i could add all the rows from one query to another as the structural are exactly the same..

Upvote 0
Without more details, I'd say: Yes...You can use Power Query's "append" feature to combine query results.

Upvote 0
Hello Ron,

Thanks for your input. I could without much effort append the queries i wanted. Important was to keep headers and columns equal in all queries. It does show some inconsistency's. Example: I have one workbook with 3 tables in 3 sheets. Using Power Query to append them is no problem. I create connections from the 3 tables in the workbook and then append them to one and load to a table in the same workbook on another sheet that i hide. Idea is to use this table as a connection in other reports. Now when i want to connect to that table using power query in another report, the appended table does not show up when using Import data from a excel workbook. When i use 3 different workbooks and import them using PowerQuery into one workbook and then create the append table, i then can use this appended table to import in other reports... Very strange

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back