PowerPivot Security/DSN issue?????

TDC21

Board Regular
Hello everyone,

I have worked with PowerPivot for my own uses a fair ammount, but recently I was asked to create some reports for other users, and I am getting connection issues that I dont understand when they try to refresh the data source connection. I will put the error message bellow, but in general, I believe it indicates a issue with the SQL server client driver, but the users do have the required driver installed, and they do have DSN's created with the indicated driver, the users do have SQL table access to all the tables used in the Query, I did not set any specific security restrictions in Excel, nor do I see any, but this is the area I probably know the least about. The report works just fine as long as I run it from my computer, no one else can though. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Error Msg

Excel couldn't refresh the table 'CustomerSales' from connection 'SqlServer <>. Here's te error message from the data source:

The provider 'SQLNCLI11' is not registered.
The following system error occurred: Class not registered
Aconnection could not be made to the data source with the dataSourceID of <>, Name of 'SqlServe <>
An error occurred while processing table 'CustomerSales'.
The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back