Dummy Excel

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2010
  3. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,
A work colleague (who has now lef)t created a power pivot dashboard/report.

Im trying to make some changes as the business has changed directions for its reporting.
The dashboard imports one another excel file and then refreshes tables as you would expect.

My issue is, there is a column that calculates a "finalstatus" and i have no idea where this column is or how it is calculated. Another colleague has said that i could find it in menu Analyze, then Fields, items & sets, then calculated field or item. Although when i go there, its greyed out so i can select them.

I have also looked in queries and connections and gone through the files/tables there and cant find the "finalstatus" column.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks
Sam

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I am a noob at PowerPivot but try going into PowerPivot > Data Model > Manage (Office 2013). This should open Data Model window which will show you all the tables added to data model. From there you can check column names (tab names at bottom).

Also you can add column via Power Query which can also add tables to Data Model. To view Power Query's go to Power Query > Workbook Queries > Show Queries (Office 2013).

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
vahju - perfect, thank you. For some reason i missed the tab names at the bottom, i cant believe i did that

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back