Probably trivial question about dax averages, help?

Guitarmageddon

Board Regular
Hello all, really racking my brain on this one. I go in these phases where I use dax a bunch, then dont use it at all and forget simple things I already learned. So here is a pivot table of some sales data. It is simply summarizing the 52 week sales for a store number, segmented within various assortment footages (i.e. 3,4,8,12 and so on).

I am trying to do a measure that shows how far above or below the average that particular store's sales dollars are. I have tried some different iterations of calculate/filter/average x and so on and cant remember how they work together. trivial, I know.... can anyone offer some suggestions? For example, I know the average of the 3ft column is 9583 dollars, so in my brain, Id produce a value lets say for site 02301, that would be a -$7282.

Here is a snip of what the pivot output, would this help?
H0FVbGL.png

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Try this link. It's a bit more than you're looking for but you'll find the basic average measure you're looking for. Be sure to check the comments for a revised STDEV measure if you want to do the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back