Members Upload Files to Workspace at powerbi.com?

mgirvin

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Team,

I have created a Workspace at powerbi.com and added members by e-mail. But when one of the members tries to upload, they cannot see the Workspace. I would like all the members that I have added by e-mail to be able to upload files to the Workspace.

More Detail:
1) In powerbi.com on the left in the Workspace area I have clicked the "Create app Workspace" button.
2) I named the Workspace
3) For Available I selected "Public - anyone can see what's inside" and "Members can edit Power BI Content"
4) In "Add workspace members", I have added multiple e-mails for people I wanted to add as members
5) Click Save
6) Then when I had one of the members try to publish a File.pbix file to the Workspace, they cannot see the Workplace. This person who tried to upload does have a powerbi.com account.

How do I fix this? Or, what is the correct way to create a Workspace, then add members, then allow them to upload to the Workspace?

I have tried this a number of times, but each time it fails. I am sort of disappointed that this seems to be so hard.

One last question, once I create a Workspace, how do I delete it? I tried deleting some of the failed attempts at creating a workspace where members can upload, but I could not find the option to delete the Workspace.

Sincerely, Mike Girvin

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi Mike. Are you using the new preview workspace format (v2)? This will be GA in a few weeks. Have you tried adding people as contributors? I think that will fix it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying Matt!!! I do not think that I am using the new preview. How do I add people as contributors?

Upvote 0
I think the process is the same for V1 and V2.
Click on Workspaces > to expand menu
find the workspace, click on the ellipsis ...
Workspace access
you can add new users or change user access from there

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back