Power Query & Bringing in Values based on condition

collin8579

Thank you for your time in reading this<
I've done my share of searching, but I think I don't know how to ask this question.

I have a workbook with multiple connection queries, but I don't want to bring all the tens of thousands of lines of data into the table.
Is there a way to look at the connected sheets through some kind of filter, and only bring in ones that meet certain conditions?

IE If I have data sets for each state, lets say with record identifiers unique to the state like FL TX CA MD, etc. These data sets are on a network drive and are huge.
In my sheet I tell it I want calculations for only florida data, is there a way to only bring in that data so the worksheet takes far less time to update and doesn't have to deal with the extra records the other sets bring.

Yes, I know I could bring "all" the data in then filter it in the table as a step to remove the items I don't want.
But that still brings in all 49 other states, and is exceedingly time consuming downloading due to their size/amount of records, and that they are being pulled from a network drive.

I have tried my share of searching, but as I mentioned I'm not sure if I'm asking the question correctly so i'm not finding answers to what I need.
Any help in identifying how to ask this question better, or a link/answer would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Collin

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back