Calculate same day of today but last year

maximax77

Good day,

I need to calculate the number of passage of people through a gate on the same day of today but of last year.
I have the timestamp of the passage in this format
My table (Passage) is like this:
06/06/2019 10:04:15 1
06/06/2019 10:04:181

<tbody>
</tbody>

I would like to know how many people passed in total last year the 6th of June
I understood I have to work with calculations but I am not able to figure out how to obtain a value in format dd/mm/yyyy that I can use to filter the main table Passage.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I don't think your idea's fully developed yet. Because Monday the 3rd of June last year was a Sunday. and in leap years you have a 2-day shift of the weekday. It is better to subtract 364 from the date in normal years

Upvote 0
I understand what you mean but i don't need to know if it is a Sunday or another day, i could also subtract 365 it is not a problem, my problem is how to subtract to the date i have

Upvote 0
If you like you can take a look into the workbook I'v created

Link to OneDrive

or use the PQ M-Code

Code:
let    Quelle = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Tabelle1"]}[Content],
    Changed_type = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Quelle,{{"Date", type date}, {"time", type time}, {"Counter", Int64.Type}}),
    Userdef_col = Table.AddColumn(Changed_type, "Year(now)", each Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow())),
    Userdef_col2 = Table.AddColumn(Userdef_col, "Year", each Date.Year([Date])),
    Userdef_col3 = Table.AddColumn(Userdef_col2, "Month", each Date.Month([Date])),
    Userdef_col4 = Table.AddColumn(Userdef_col3, "Day", each Date.Day([Date])),
    Userdef_col5 = Table.AddColumn(Userdef_col4, "Passage_CY", each if[#"Year(now)"] = [Year] then [Counter] else null),
    Userdef_col6 = Table.AddColumn(Userdef_col5, "Passage_LY", each if [#"Year(now)"] - 1 = [Year] then [Counter] else null),
    Grouped_lines = Table.Group(Userdef_col6, {"Month", "Day"}, {{"Current year", each List.Sum([Passage_CY]), type number}, {"Last year", each List.Sum([Passage_LY]), type number}}),
    Sorted_Lines = Table.Sort(Grouped_lines,{{"Month", Order.Ascending}, {"Day", Order.Ascending}})
in
    Sorted_Lines

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back