Table Viz not displaying zero (problem is not "show items with no data")

rdamillrda

I have a table visualization on the canvas set up that currently looks like this:

CompanyPlaceIncident Count
(Blank)
(Blank)(Blank)
(Blank)(Blank)(Blank)
Company APlace 11
Company APlace 21
Company APlace 3(Blank)
Company BPlace 42
Company CPlace 51
Company DPlace 6(Blank)

<tbody>
</tbody>

The table is not displaying zeros. I do have "Show items with no data" checked for both Company and Place. I think there are 2 problems: 1st) For Company A/Place 3 and Company D/Place 6 the places do not appear in the source data table. The company and place are pulled from a separate data table. For some reason, the incident count is not showing zero. The 2nd problem has to do with the first two rows. The first blank row is a sum of all rows below it. It should read All Companies, All Places, and Incident Count = 5. The second row is a sum of Company A for Places 1, 2, and 3. It should read Company A Sum, All Places, and Incident Count = 2. No matter what I do I cannot get it to show. Any suggestions on this? Been working on it for far too long. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hello, Please can you explain what you've done? And the Excel version.
If there is input data, please show & explain the input data & how it relates to the result; and if it is different, the expected result.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello, again. I've only just now noticed your question is in the "Power BI" section. Power BI is not my field, and so why I didn't understand about things like "table visualization on the canvas set up" - which led to my earlier comments.

I likely can not help with a Power BI solution - but also likely can help with an alternative approach. So I'll keep an eye on the thread & chime in again if I think it will help.

regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back