CUBEMEMBER / CUBEVALUE dates query

BakerUK

Hi, I am trying to lookup a Power Pivot dates table in native Excel with a formula to lookup the date to return financial week.

I have the date in cell K1 in the correct format.

Is there a cube formula which can lookup ThisWorkbookDataModel to return the week associated with the date in K1? So far I am stuck here which returns N/A.

=CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[FinWeek]","[FinCalendar].[Date].["&K$1&"]")

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
How would the formula look with a fixed value? You'll probably need to use the TEXT function to format K1 appropriately.

Upvote 0
How would the formula look with a fixed value? You'll probably need to use the TEXT function to format K1 appropriately.

It's in this format 2019-07-27T00:00:00 but I've used TEXT to convert K1 to the same format. When I use OLAP Tools to convert a power pivot to formulas the date format matches but I'm struggling to lookup against it to return the associated financial week from the data model.

As a workaround I can create a pivot table and GETPIVOTDATA formula but that means a pivot with several thousand rows slowing down the file. It feels like there should be a method with a cube formula???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back