How to make a DAX measure NOT to re-calculate on aggregated levels?

Thread: How to make a DAX measure NOT to re-calculate on aggregated levels?
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to make a DAX measure NOT to re-calculate on aggregated levels?

I have a DAX measure which works perfectly on the level 0 POV in the Pivot Table but I was wondering if there is a way to make it aggregate like a regular number when filtering to top level POV (e.g. instead of looking at July or August, look at Year Total)?
    The problem is the aggregated number on the calculated column != the number if it was aggregated in the Planning system in a regular number column

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to make a DAX measure NOT to re-calculate on aggregated levels?

You shouldn’t be using calculated columns (in my view). If you switch to measures, chances are you problems will disappear. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/calcula...-measures-dax/
    Matt Allington is a professional Power BI Consultant, Power BI Trainer and Microsoft MVP based in Sydney Australia. Matt is author of the Power BI book Supercharge Power BI and the Power Pivot Book Supercharge Excel.
    What is Power BI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Allington View Post
    You shouldn’t be using calculated columns (in my view). If you switch to measures, chances are you problems will disappear. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/calcula...-measures-dax/
    I am using a measure

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurOff View Post
    The problem is the aggregated number on the calculated column != the number if it was aggregated in the Planning system in a regular number column
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurOff View Post
    I am using a measure
    I'm happy to try to help, but you will need to provide more information
    Matt Allington is a professional Power BI Consultant, Power BI Trainer and Microsoft MVP based in Sydney Australia. Matt is author of the Power BI book Supercharge Power BI and the Power Pivot Book Supercharge Excel.
    What is Power BI?

Some videos you may like

User Tag List