Is it possible to teach Power BI a Text mining/analysis without using any platforms.

szakharov7723

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
So far throughout my searches I always end up being offered MS Cognitive or Azure.
Is it possible to somehow teach Power BI to recognize phrases with Python/R (or any other accessible tool) or build some neural network in Power BI to recognize them.

Word Cloud is not helping much, as it extracts single words, that don't give us any vision on breakdown.
We can provide some keywords for Power BI , but not phrases, as it would be too specific and can miss on too many numbers.
For example, we can associate "gripper" with "broke" ,"broken" ,"not working" ,"repair" ,but even this would result in some numbers missing, but at least may give us a basic vision.

Essentially we use Excel as row data storage , so we can also consider this to reach the end goal.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Yes, you can use both Python and R in Power BI. Increasingly there is tight integration with cognitive services too (as you have found). Excel is not a tool for semantic text manipulation.

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply
I know I can, but I am wondering if I can do that specifically for this task ? So far I didn't find any good material on how to do it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back