I want to include the hyperlinks from the table I am Importing using Power Query

onseyeds

Hi,

I have used iqy files for excel on mac. It loaded the table results and i was able to format it but it left the hyperlink as needed. I decided to try power query and used my windows version of excel and I am able to make the connection and pull the data. Much easier to deal with. But the problem is the data in column 4 are names that when you click on them, it takes you to their profile. I want to leave that link in place. I have not been able to find anything in my searches to leave the <a href> link when importing.

Example page of results that I am importing in is
https://okwa.us/results_view.asp?tid=111&did=1&sid=3&show=1

Thank you

Kevin

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Not sure if this matters - I am not using Power BI.
Power Query is a part of Power BI (and your title says "I want to include the hyperlinks from the table I am Importing using Power Query")[h=2][/h]

Upvote 0
no problem, I had seen in searching for a solution that a lot of the results included it, and I had even went to the Power BI website and noticed it was a paid for app. I am just trying to do some research to help our league out with understanding the importance of tracking data before making changes.

thank you for any help i can get.

Kevin

Upvote 0
There are a few people on this site who use Power Query a lot. Hopefully, they will see this and one will be able to help out.

Upvote 0
PowerQuery doesn't support hyperlink (yet)

Maybe try

screenshot-103.png

but I got an error when I tried it

screenshot-104.png

Upvote 0
citizenbh,

Worked perfect with one exception. I had to add a index column to use as the matching colmn. The example that you went off of only had 1 url. Currently I have 50 or more and it will continue to grow. I am right at 22,000 results. You have helped more than you know. To actually create the hyperlink that you can click, I had to join the columns after I loaded the table. Was not able to make it inside the power query editor.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
citizenbh,

Worked perfect with one exception. I had to add a index column to use as the matching colmn. The example that you went off of only had 1 url. Currently I have 50 or more and it will continue to grow. I am right at 22,000 results. You have helped more than you know. To actually create the hyperlink that you can click, I had to join the columns after I loaded the table. Was not able to make it inside the power query editor.

Thanks again!

Your welcome!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back