Assigning work to people by day

Craigc3814

Board Regular
Good afternoon, I download a spreadsheet once a month that contains workorders for a given department. The workorders are divided up by responsibility and by the activity code. We then assign the correct employee and shift to the workorder (manually right now).

In Power query I have the table of workorders uploaded and I created a running count for each activity code. If an activity code has 15 workorders for a given month I would like powerquery to assign 1 work order every few days to the correct group of people (A shift, B shift, or C shift). Then select a random person from the list of employees and assign the work order to them. If some workorders I would like to schedule 6 per day to all shifts.

I have a calendar for the month created as a table (used a calendar parameter function in PQ)

I am a bit lost on how I should structure this. I was thinking a table for shifts and available employees. Then merge together the tables (or use Power Pivot either is fine) to give assignments by day and to the right shifts.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back