DAX formula or PowerPivot connection?

Craigc3814

Board Regular
I have two tables one that shows all of my work order data and a column called due dates that a user manually updates to assign due dates to a given work order.

I have another table called supervisor that has dates that supervisors worked, and any comments they may have added to the table. There are multiple supervisors that work on the same day so one column is dates, next is supervisor name, then a column that indicates the shift that they worked (A.B, or C)

I want to join the two tables so that I know what supervisor oversaw the work that was completed during his shift and work day.

I cannot figure this out for the life of me and I know it should be a very simple solution

I created a calendar table in PowerPivot then tried joining the date from the calendar table to the date on the supervisor table and the date on the work order table

The connection does not work when I create a pivot table then add the calendar table date followed by any information from either table it brings it all of the information, not just the information where the dates match.

I checked to make sure the dates were formatted the same and that was not the issue.

Is this better solved another way?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back