Power Query - Changing Source

canefan17

Right now I've set up the query to pull form a folder.

However, I'd like to move the files to a different folder/location. So I went ahead and did that.

Then I went into query editor and double clicked on "Source" under applied steps. I changed it to the new folder and hit "OK."

I get this error though...

An error occurred in the ‘Sample File’ query. Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation.
Details:
Table

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
You have to change the source on every single query that is connected to your old source. The first reply to your post explains it in great detail but all you have to do is look at all of your queries in the query pane, find the transform from sample file queries, click into those, click that gear icon in that query and update your source there. You have to do it for each query in the transform and sample file folders that show up

Upvote 0
You have to change the source on every single query that is connected to your old source. The first reply to your post explains it in great detail but all you have to do is look at all of your queries in the query pane, find the transform from sample file queries, click into those, click that gear icon in that query and update your source there. You have to do it for each query in the transform and sample file folders that show up

Wow - that’s good to know.

I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back