Power Query Does Not Import Multiple PDF Pages

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm using Power Query for Power BI Desktop and when I connect to a single PDF file the last record only shows the data for the first page and not the rest of the pages. The rest of the data is the same as the first page. Can Power Query read multiple pages for one PDF? If so, how can I get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just want to combine all table objects from PDFs from a folder. The columns of the tables is in the Contents column which when I expand only shows the records of the first table object of each PDF and is missing the rest of the tables. Only workaround I see is if I connect via "PDF" data source instead of from "Folder."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
try this way:

Folder
Load
on the left click Data icon
Edit Queries
Remove rows
right click Binary (column content)
Drill down
Column Data
Expand columns

because I don't have many files I did it for two files (one removed) second with 12 pages

screenshot-113.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I right click and Drill Down the Content column it creates a List in one column and I can drill down any of the Binary and expand the table objects, but I can't seem to drill down all of Binary at once so all the fields from each PDF are combined. Hope I'm articulating it so that it makes sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my fault :)

right click on the first binary - add as new query then dbl click on the file icon
back to the top
right click on the second binary - add as new query then dbl click on the file icon
and so on...
select column Data (with Tables) and expand in each query
now you will have a few queries which can be merged/appended

easier will be if you merge these pdfs with Adobe Acrobat and import data from single pdf file ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have 235 PDFs, manually adding as new query will take too much time. That's a great idea about merging the PDFs with Adobe Acrobat (which I have). Let's see how it turns. Stay tuned. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back