Power Query Does Not Import Multiple PDF Pages

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm using Power Query for Power BI Desktop and when I connect to a single PDF file the last record only shows the data for the first page and not the rest of the pages. The rest of the data is the same as the first page. Can Power Query read multiple pages for one PDF? If so, how can I get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I connect pdf with over 800 pages (tables) and it works well
but PBD is useless to me :LOL:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you can see all the records once you connect to the single PDF, including the last record on the last page?

Why do you find PBD useless? I don't think Power Query for Excel can connect to a PDF data source. I was going to transform the PDF data in PBD then export the data to Excel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you can see all the records once you connect to the single PDF, including the last record on the last page?
Yes I see as I said before
Why do you find PBD useless?
Just because :) :) :) it's too heavy and problem with high resolution. All what I need I have in Excel: PQ, PowerPivot
I don't think Power Query for Excel can connect to a PDF data source.
Right PQ in Excel cannot but there is a few ways to do it, OCR or Matt Allington advice and some more
I was going to transform the PDF data in PBD then export the data to Excel.
Via csv not directly to Excel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I see the problem. I'm not technically connecting using "PDF" data source, I'm using "Folder" and when I do that it shows PDF file with 10 objects, of which 5 are tables (the one's I need to transform) and 5 non-important stuff. How do I connect Power Query to the 5 table objects only? Can't seem to select multiple objects. The Sample File drop down shows all my PDF files with different number of table objects....can Power Query combine table objects for each PDF automatically?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
remove not necessary rows then TransformData and choose from Attribute columns you need

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Once I connect via "Folder" data source I can select Combine, Load, or Transform.

If I select Combine it will allow for either "combine & transform" or "load". If I select "combine & transform", I have to select a sample file and it only allows me to select one table object (can't select multiple) then when I load it, it only shows the first table from each PDF instead of all the tables from each PDF.

If I select Transform, I have the Content and Attributes column but I don't see anyway to select the table objects from each PDF.

I can connect via "PDF" data source but I have to manually select each file select the checkbox next to each object, then I would probably have to combine all the tables. This seems like it will work but I don't know how to combine each table. Table.Combine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
screenshot-112.png

TransformData (post#6) == Transform

btw. I know what is there so describe what are you doing only not whole layout

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't want to assume what you know or don't know, so I like to describe in detail what I'm observing so you or anyone else can comprehend the issue. Kind of like your quote "I know you know but I forgot my Crystal Ball and don't know what you know" :)

If I click the double arrow to expand, it doesn't shows the table objects, it shows "Content", "Kind", "Size", "Hidden", "System", etc.....don't see anything related to the objects.

Upvote 0
because there are columns of the tables
Expand all
then transform/clean data and stay with data what you need

PBD (PQ) is not a Click&Go, sometimes you need to know what are you want to achieve

maybe it will help: Link

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back