Distinct values - Powerpivot

Web_Jim

I've been doing some work to identify some issues with the data in a couple of my database tables. I've got one table [tbl_customer] with a reference number (unique) and details of customers, and another [tbl_sales] with details of the products that they've purchased (many products and many customer refs). In order for the system I've inherited to work as it should, the reference number needs to be in both tables but they come at different times and are imported in from a CSV typically.

Anyway...

I've used a PowerPivot today and compared the reference numbers so I can see which customer references from the customer table appear in the sales table, but now I need to do it the other way. I can't seem to do this though because there can be customers with multiple products so the references aren't unique.

I liked the idea of using PowerPivot because it was laid out in a way that the managers could understand, and they've been able to authorise some clean up work on this, which has already started to take effect and I can see the updates in my pivot. My question is what can I do about the other check that I need to do - is PowerPivot able to do this (if so, how?) or do I have to do / use something else (if so, what?)?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back