How to drill down in Pivots

bahiapt

Hi all,

I have a pivot based on data from Power Pivot, the issue i am having is that i cant drill down on the pivot, it returns me the following message:

"Show Details cannot be completed on a calculated cell."

Does anyone know a workaround to be able to drill down?

Best regards,
Daniel

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
PowerPivot V1 doesn't support it, but I understand V2 does. The workaround that I use on Sharepoint workbooks is to create "drill through" hyperlink where I jump to another workbook carrying a parameter in the URL to filter the display based on my selection.

It's complex and isn't easy to explain. The best solution, if you're able, is to upgrade to V2 I think. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks David,

I will install power pivot v2 to see if it solves the issue.

For the other solution that you said I am not sure i can do it since my proficiency is limited :biggrin:

Regards,

Daniel

Upvote 0
Just a word of warning that once you upgrade a V1 workbook to V2, there's no going back on that workbook! It's worth just making sure that it's what you want to do before going ahead (not that upgrading to V2 is a bad thing - quite the contrary I believe).

Upvote 0
Hi David,

thanks for the warning, i will not have any issue, since i am just testing.

Best regards,

Daniel

Upvote 0
Hi David i installed PowerPivot 2012 but now it gives me a different error when i try to drilldown:

"The LocaleIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be assigned a new value."

Do you know what this might be?

Best regards,

Daniel

Upvote 0
This looks like a language setting issue. All connections need to carry the same language settings but I'm probably not best placed to advise on what these should be and where to change them :(

Having said that, check your Excel language in File > Options > Language. Compare this to (from PowerPivot Window) Existing Connections > Edit > Advanced. Excel language will be descriptive (ie English(U.K.) and Locale ID on your connection will be one from the list in the URL below (2057 for English(U.K.)). These need to represent the same language I understand.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/h...-for-language-specific-files-HP010030570.aspx

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'll give one of my clever technical crew a shout to see if they can help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back