Do recepients of a PowerPivot Report need to have Excel 2010 and PowerPivot installed to view

wells146

Hello MrExcel community!

I have just discovered the Power of PowerPivot from MrExcel's You Tube pod casts and I have already downloaded and have begun using it. My question is... if I create a PowerPivot report and send to a user who does not have PowerPivot installed and is running a lower version of Excel, will they still be able to use the file and filter by the slicers etc...?

Thanks,
Greg

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
If they are running a version pre 2010, they can't use slicers; pre 2007 I don't think the pivot table will be a working pivot either.

Upvote 0
Thanks Rory. Our company does have office 2010 available for upgrade but they do not force the upgrade on everyone. (they will eventually) Most employees will still be on Excel 2007. I will try a test with a couple of users and see what results I get. I appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
Greg

Upvote 0
The pivots won't work in 2007 - they won't be interactive at all.

If someone has 2010 but they don't have the addin, again, the pivots won't be interactive.

In order to be interactive, the user must have 2010 AND the addin.

More info here:

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2010/12/powerpivot-for-excel-2007/

Of course, if you have a PowerPivot server or hosting service, the users only need a browser and they get interactivity :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the confirmation Rob. I guess I will have to encourage our folks to download Office 2010 and PowerPivot add in.

Regards,
Greg Wells

Upvote 0
Thanks for the confirmation Rob. I guess I will have to encourage our folks to download Office 2010 and PowerPivot add in.

Regards,
Greg Wells

If they are having on 2007, it shouldn't take much urging to get them to move up to 2010. ;)

Upvote 0
I still suck at PowerPivot (for the moment, hopefully) though! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back