PowerPivot model to calculate Retail Store Staff Incentives

barnettjacob

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build a PowerPivot model to automate the process of calculating bonus payments to store staff members based on our monthly incentive scheme.

The scheme itself is pretty simple - there are 5 criteria that an employee must meet in order to be eligible to receive a payment which is determined by their grade.

The problem is that the vast majority of the conditions are at a store level not at the employee level. This means that when I write a measure to determine, say, whether the employee hit the sales target, it should be at the store level not the employee level.

Where I am running into difficulties is that unlike situations where I have done something similar in the past, using a simple 'ALL' in a calculate to remove the 'employee' context doesn't work in this case because the store and the employee are in different tables. The result is that although I the Store's IPS, I get it for every employee regardless of whether or not they work there.

Current formula:
=CALCULATE([IPS],(ALL('Staff Listing')))

The model contains 3 tables - 'Sales', 'Store Attributes' and 'Staff Listing' with both the 'Sales' and 'Staff Listing' related to the 'Store Attributes' table on the branchcode column.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very appreciative.

Jacob

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Did I understand correctly that both the 'Store Attributes' table and the 'Staff Listing' tables are linked to the Sales table through the same key column?

If this is the case, then every row in your fact table will be associated with a single employee and a single store. That means you should not have to remove the employee context.

Where do you do your calculation (in a calculated column or in a measure)? Is [IPS] a measure or a column?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back