ODBC connection using Powerpivot 2010

rileybloke

Hi, I am trying to connect to a Pervasive database using the Pervasive ODBC connection.
The ODBC connection works fine via the standard data query in Excel, I able to see the table of the database.

But when I build the ODBC string in powerpivot the ODBC connection dialog test is ok, but the powerpivot query shows the error...

Failed to connect to the server. Reason: ERROR [08004] [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface]Missing '=' in connection string.

I have tried many variations of the string...

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;DSN=CAPTUREIT

Provider=MSDASQL.1;DSN=CAPTUREIT

The DSN is CAPTUREIT, and I have found that if I remove the spaces in the field names from within the string then powerpivot accepts it, but then errors with no tables available in database.

I am surprised that standard data query in Excel works but PowerPivot does not like it.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Son of a gun! I've got the identical issue. Has anyone ever figured this out? I know its an old post...but I've been working on this all day with no luck!

I wish they used MS SQL instead of Pervasive. No support for Pervasive it seems!

Hi, I am trying to connect to a Pervasive database using the Pervasive ODBC connection.
The ODBC connection works fine via the standard data query in Excel, I able to see the table of the database.

But when I build the ODBC string in powerpivot the ODBC connection dialog test is ok, but the powerpivot query shows the error...

Failed to connect to the server. Reason: ERROR [08004] [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface]Missing '=' in connection string.

I have tried many variations of the string...

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;DSN=CAPTUREIT

Provider=MSDASQL.1;DSN=CAPTUREIT

The DSN is CAPTUREIT, and I have found that if I remove the spaces in the field names from within the string then powerpivot accepts it, but then errors with no tables available in database.

I am surprised that standard data query in Excel works but PowerPivot does not like it.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Anyone? I'm stuck at this and NEED powerpivot to be able to access the database.

Its something with my connection string...and I think the error is actually coming back from the pervasive database.

The most simple connection string for the table import wizard in power pivot looks like...

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;DSN=DSNNAMEHERE

If I use that, I get the attached error.

As soon as I remove the "Persist Security Info=False, then it will let me connect...but it won't show any tables.

PLEASE PLEASE any advice would be appreciated!

Son of a gun! I've got the identical issue. Has anyone ever figured this out? I know its an old post...but I've been working on this all day with no luck!

I wish they used MS SQL instead of Pervasive. No support for Pervasive it seems!

Upvote 0
Anyone?!?!?!

I think its the pervasive DB sending back the error, but I'm not sure how to get the connection string it wants/needs.

I've got nowhere else to go and really need this!

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Anyone?!?!?!

I think its the pervasive DB sending back the error, but I'm not sure how to get the connection string it wants/needs.

I've got nowhere else to go and really need this!

Thanks!!!

Am I the only person in the world with a Pervasive Database?!

Upvote 0
Well...we are now in 2019...is there an answer to this common problem with powerpivot not being able to connect to a pervasive db using odbc???

Upvote 0
Well, it seems that no one has found an answer to this. I've had to abandon the use of PowerPivot for this project which is unfortunate as it would have made it so much easier for the client.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back