Inventory Days on hand date build up

MrElJerko

I'm working on metrics for our inventory Days on hand. Let's say I have a table with weekly inventory information, a table with weekly sales information and a calender date table. I need everything is linked together by an Item table and the date table.

To calculate my days on hand I need (period Days * average inventory) / Total Cogs

I'm getting stuck on the number of days. if it's just weekly i can just plug in a 7. but we run 4-4-5 months so there's no such figure for the months. Is there a way i can get the equation to count the days in my period from my calender table and use that so i can get granularity for the month or year?

Here's my weekly formula

=(7*sum(WeeklyInventoryOnHand[WEEKLY_AVERAGE_INVENTORY_VALUE]))/Sum('Sales inf'[COGS])

of course my sum for the inventory will have to be replaced with an average but its the "7" that's really giving me trouble.

Thanks!
-Chris

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Can you post a sample of how your calendar table looks? To be clear, is the goal to count the number of days in the quarter?

Upvote 0
Unless something wacky is going on... COUNTROWS(Calendar) should do what you want...?

Countrows works. Actually it looks like this was totally my mistake, as I was missing some filtering context on the year that exists in my time table, but not in my sales or inventory table. I totally forgot about it.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back