Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dashboard software suggestions

Hi,

I work for a small sized company (less than 20 employees) based in Dublin. We are upgrading our current software system and as a possible spin off we are looking at purchasing dashboard software that is capable of interrogating an SQL database .

I would be interested if anyone has recently purchased/trialled any dashboard software and their experiences (good or bad). Very limited budget available .All suggestions welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dashboard software suggestions

I don't have a huge background on many options... and obviously posting the Power BI forum you are going to get a slanted answer, but...

You like already have Excel... and especially if it is 2010, the Power Pivot addin is free. It can read from SQL just great. So can Power Query, which is also free.

Does "Free" fit in your limited budget?

Question: Where does the Dashboard need to "live"? If you need it hosted on the web... likely Power BI will suit you just fine, but it does get more interesting with data refresh.
    scott at tinylizard.com : Power Pivot Consultant, Trainer and Mercenary
    See my Power Pivot blog at http://tinylizard.com/blog

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dashboard software suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by scottsen View Post
    I don't have a huge background on many options... and obviously posting the Power BI forum you are going to get a slanted answer, but...

You like already have Excel... and especially if it is 2010, the Power Pivot addin is free. It can read from SQL just great. So can Power Query, which is also free.

Does "Free" fit in your limited budget?

Question: Where does the Dashboard need to "live"? If you need it hosted on the web... likely Power BI will suit you just fine, but it does get more interesting with data refresh.
    Scottsen,

Thanks very much for those suggestions,never ceased to be amazed at how helpful people on the forum are. I think I might use some of the limited budget on getting up to speed on Power Pivot and Power Query. Once again thanks for
    those suggestions.

Julio

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others