PowerPivot Measure on Calculation question

ANDYFLY33

I'm fairly new to powerpivot.

I have many Columns in my pivot table. One of the columns is showing 2013 sales by account. the next column is showing 2014 sales by account. For both of these columns i used the "options" tab and went to the "show values as" calculation area and chose "% of grand total" so essntially its now showing what % of sales that each account is contributing to the total for 2013 and 2014 in separate columns. What i want to do next is put a measure in place that will show the % change (contributing to total sales) is sales for each account from where it was in 2013. I was thinking this would be easy and the measure would just be 2014 sales-2013 sales. When i put this measure in place it doesn't read the 2 columns as a % of the grand total. It seems to only see the original sales number. Is there a way around this? or a better way to do it? Im trying to show % of grand total for sales in 2013 and 2014 in separate columns followed by a column showing the variance. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
You'll need to create actual measures to return the percentages, rather than using the display as... options. If the sales values are separate fields for each year, it will be something like:
=SUM([2013 sales])/CALCULATE(SUM([2013 sales]),ALL(TableName[Account]))
I think, depending on what fields are in the pivot and what filters/slicers you are using.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back