DAX Many-to-Many OR ?

slyfox

Coleagues,
i'm looking for a solution where with help of DAX formula I can retrieve data from fact table to another fact table joined over the same dimenssion table.
The datamodel itself looks like:
F_Table1->D_Table1<-F_Table2->D_Table2

So, what I need is to find:
for every row of F_Table1.[Field1] the the sum of values from F_Table2.[Column1]+F_Table2.[Column2]
where F_Table2 is filtered by condition from D_Table2 like where D_Table2.[Field1]=1.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
A few more details would help. At least I do not understand how this math should work. In your formula you do not describe any relationship to the 1st fact table, so it would show the same value for all rows. Do you need that as a calulated column in F_Table1 or as a measure in the pivot ?

Maybe as a rough guidance you probably need CALCULATE(SUM(F_Table2.[Column1]),Filter(F_Table2,... and then something like RELATED, RELATEDTABLE or EARLIER with a column of D_Table2 as filter criteria depending on how the relationships between these tables look like

Upvote 0
Tianbas, all tables has a link field LINK_Order_Nr
table names looks like: Fact_Order_Sales->Dim_Order_Details<-Fact_Order_CostsElements->Dim_Cost_Elements
So I need summary of specific Fact_Order_CostsElements filtered by Dim_Cost_Elements for every row at Fact_Order_Sales table.
and yes I need it as measure.

Upvote 0
I still haven't convinced myself you have a "real" m2m problem here. Best case, can you link a sample workbook (dropbox,onedrive,googledrive,whatevs). 2nd best case, at least a screen shot of your model?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back