do I need I dax measure(?) for a event based on timeline- and how?

Cool_McCool

Hi.
I have a problem and I am certain others have had it but after searching for a week I am coming to you. I

We are analysing our offer success rates.

A customer may or may not order aginst the offer number and they may use a different customer number and/or manual entry with no link to the offer (Don't ask we have many processes and 2 ERPs )

I have so no problem linking the tables (I love powerpivot). I am having problems with the timeline. I need the right series -> offer ->order ->invoice to know if the offer was sucessful. The timeframe should be 12 months rolling from date of offer.

I have a couple of sets of data.
1. List of customer number (multiple numbers for one client)
2. List of offers made (incl. customer no. product qty and date)
3. List of orders (incl. customer no. product qty and date)
4. List of invoices (incl. customer no. product qty and date, values)

The end of my pivot needs to be something like:

Client NameNo. of itemlines offered (product number)number of orders placed after offer datesuccess%number of the orders have been invoicedvalue
no problem no problemcountif offer date before order date? no problemcountif offer date before ínv. date?countif offer date before ínv. date?
Alice14750%4300
Brad20525%51000
Cindy200%00
Doug501020%1600

<tbody>
</tbody>

If somebody has a better idea of figuring out which customer is causing "alot of work and not coming through" - we'd be game. ;)

Thanks
Chris :cool:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Crisp this up for me: How do I know I have "a success" ? Crispser the better... like "the Order[OrderDate] for > Offer[OrderDate]" and ".......".

Upvote 0
Hi Scott, thanks for the question. Well basically success is if the product is ordered with 12 months after the offer is made. But I guess I had the answer to the problem in the question, silly me. :rolleyes:
I will take the time to learn more about dealing with dates and post my solution.

Cheers
Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back