Power Map not showing in ribbon

Cool_McCool

Hi,
sorry this isn't a real question about using this feature. I am having problems with finding it. I am using Office 2013 Professional Plus on Windows 7 (32) and Windows 8 (64).

I use PowerPivot reguarly. Power View is also availabel. I have the add-in for Power Map active but it doesn't start -> no button: on neither computer.

I have spent the better part of this morning and cannot find a solution on the web ( neither in English nor German). The Microsoft help page wasn't any help - click on start and write:run (?).:oops:

Do I have to have Power Query or something else installed?

I feel really stupid asking:oops: but I need to get a dashboard done and having a map would be perfect.

Thanks Chris

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Note: I was able to resolve this issue by uninstalling the MSI (Download and install one big file) and installing the Click-To-Run version (1.5 MB download, streams Office in the Background)

Upvote 0
Hi,
sorry this isn't a real question about using this feature. I am having problems with finding it. I am using Office 2013 Professional Plus on Windows 7 (32) and Windows 8 (64).

I use PowerPivot reguarly. Power View is also availabel. I have the add-in for Power Map active but it doesn't start -> no button: on neither computer.

I have spent the better part of this morning and cannot find a solution on the web ( neither in English nor German). The Microsoft help page wasn't any help - click on start and write:run (?).:oops:

Do I have to have Power Query or something else installed?

I feel really stupid asking:oops: but I need to get a dashboard done and having a map would be perfect.

Thanks Chris

Hi all,

I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I have Office2013 Professional plus 32 bit installed on windows 7. The power map add-in is available,and selected, but it just will not appear on the insert tab. There is also no sign of it on the customize ribbon options.

I can not find a solution to this anywhere on the web, so if op or anyone else has had the same problem, advice would be really appreciated. The click-to-run is not a solution for me.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Sorry. I was out with the flu. Nasty little virus!

Yes I have Office Professional Plus. I was able to get Power Map on my home computer ProPlus & Windows 8 but at work we cannot seem to get it right.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back