PowerPivot Basic Help Needed

JNM

Hi - am learning PowerPivot on Excel 2013 and need a little help. I have brought in three tables - Saleslines is the Fact Table, two columns SLItemNo and SLQty. The lookup tables are Inventory (INItemNo and INQty) and Packaged (PKItemNo and PKQty) both linked to the SLItemNo. When I build the pivot selecting SLItemNo on rows and try to add the PKQty, I get a popup asking to create a relationship - but I have already created the relationship. If I ignore it, I get the same PKQty value for all SLItemNos. What am I missing? I don't have an option to post attachments.

The results should look like:
SLItemNo - SLQty - PKQty - InvQty
A1 - 125 - 25 - 50
A2 - 19 - 10 - 5

I'm getting:
SLItemNo - SLQty - PKQty - InvQty
A1 - 125 - 1000 - 1000
A2 - 19 - 1000 - 1000

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Would help if you can post a pic of your model, but in generally it *feels* like you could use an ItemMaster table?

Relationships filter from the "1 side" (lookup) to the "many side" (fact). And they only go 1 direction. So, SLItemNo from the lookup table should properly filter facts, but not the other way around.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion - I did try that, but it didn't work as I needed it to either. But, I do have it working!
I created two related columns in the SlsLn table - one for Pkg and one for Inv. I then created explicit values (Calculated Fields) for the sums of the three qty fields - Sls, Pkg, Inv, plus added an explicit value (Calculated Field) for count of item nos in the SlsLn table. Then divided the Pkg and Inv sums by the count and waa laaa - numbers turned out perfectly. I'll bet there is a way to do this with a Calc formula so I wouldn't need to add the "related" columns to the SlsLn table. But it works for my purposes as it is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back