Help with Power Query Error - The Index is outside the bounds of the record

zestyphresh

Hi, i'm pretty new to Power Query (although loving it already) and i've come across this error a few times when Removing columns. Some times starting the query again has resolved it (probably as it is referencing another query that had been amended) but i've tried that a few times to no avail.

This particular query is a reference to another query that contains a few custom columns. The new query only has a few stages - a couple of column filters and then a few sorts followed by the offending step which is removing all the unnecessary columns. The Sort step does involve some of the then removed columns but i'm not sure if this is causing the problem? Unfortunately google isn't really helping on this error!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I had e same error yesterday. I sent a frown to the dev team and they responded. I think it is a bug. I suggest you send a frown too as t may help them fix the problem

Upvote 0
I got this error also and I found a solution. My issue was with deleting columns and getting this error so I added an Index column THEN deleted the desired columns as well as the index column (last column to be deleted). The result is a table with the fields I want and no errors.

Upvote 0
I got this error also and I found a solution. My issue was with deleting columns and getting this error so I added an Index column THEN deleted the desired columns as well as the index column (last column to be deleted). The result is a table with the fields I want and no errors.

The problem occurs when the table from which we import data into the power query has at least integrity constraints with the dictionary table. When there is one connection, there is no problem. Therefore, you need to delete unnecessary connections in MS ACCESS without creating a new indexing column. Best wishes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back