Measure Not Recalcuating on Refresh

JNM

Good afternoon,

I have a PowerPivot workbook that is pulling info from an SQL view. I can refresh the table, but the measure at the bottom is not recalculating with the refreshed data. There are about 10,000 rows in the table returned. It is linked to another SQL table with just info and an Excel linked table with just info. If I change the measure, then it will recalculate. I have tested that the info is correctly pulled in by copying it to a workbook and totaling it. I checked and PowerPivot is set to AutoCalculate. The measure is a simple one - just a sum of the column created using the Autosum option on the Calculations menu item.

I've had this happen a few times in other workbooks as well. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,

JNM

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I experience the same issue on a daily basis. Since the measure calculates correctly in an Excel Pivot or DAX Table query - I just live with the incorrect results shown in PowerPivot Manager. When in doubt I just add a space to the end of the formula and it calculates just fine. I do have challenges when trying to convert new folks over to the PowerPivot world. This kinda thing really dampens their enthusiasm...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back