Excel/Power Bi Stability across versions

Evans2

Board Regular
Hi all,

I discovered the amazing usefulness of power pivot/power query using Excel 2010. The company I work for recently upgraded most of us to standalone version of Excel 2013 professional.

We've been using Excel 2013 now for a few months now and it has been a complete mess. Constant and random crashes, memory error messages that come out of nowhere. All of which don't seem to be necessarily caused by using power pivot or power query, but seem to worsen when those tools are used.

No one, not our IT department nor Microsoft has been able to resolve the stability issues with Excel 2013. We've tried everything under the sun.

We have a couple options now before us. We need to ditch 2013 by either going back to Excel 2010 or upgrading to Excel 2016.

My question for you all is, has anyone experienced the same stability issues I've described above with Excel 2016, especially as it regards to Power Pivot and Power Query? Also, would like to hear if others have had the same issues with 2013 that we have.

I truly love the Excel BI tools and would miss some of the 2013 features (power view) if we go back to 2010 but I don't want us to move to 2016 if it is going to be the same horror show 2013 was.

Thanks for the advice.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back