PowerPivot Hierarchy with multiple parents

joe321

Is it possible to create a hierarchy in DAX with more than one parent? I have a table with many business entities with a parent ID. The problem I am having is some entities can be partially owned by multiple parents, For example Entity C can be owned 50% by entity B and 50% by Entity A. Entity C in this case has two parents. I am struggling to find a way to handle this. Everything works well if I exclude the items with multiple parents.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will give it a try and report back.

Upvote 0
I was finally able to spend some time on this and got the results I needed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The end result worked much better than I could have ever anticipated.

Upvote 0
I have 365 Business premium and I don't have power pivot. Do I have to purchase 365 pro plus? is their any add on's I can buy for excel? Just trying to avoid not setting up a new account.

Upvote 0
I have 365 Business premium and I don't have power pivot. Do I have to purchase 365 pro plus? is their any add on's I can buy for excel? Just trying to avoid not setting up a new account.

You don't need a new account, just change the product from business premium to Professional. You can change licence at any time. Yes, you can't use Power Pivot if you don't have the software in your SKU. You could use Power BI Desktop however (which is a free download)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back