Getting list of calculated fields and formulas

bigck2

Board Regular
Is there some way to get a list of all the calculated fields I have made in a data model, and their DAX formulas?

I have tried searching online and it seems like posts on this topic are all very outdated.

If this is not an option, what is the best practice to record all this? Are we expected to write this down each time a measure is made?

Thanks,

Chris

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi Jeffery, I tried to run that macro you linked to but that really did not help. It gave me a list of formulas in a worksheet. I'm trying to get the DAX formulas (and just names) from the calculated fields in my data model.

ImkeF, thanks for the suggestion. I've seen other pages link to that DAX Studio. I'm having to get IT permission to install it on my work computer, but I may download and try tonight at home on my personal computer. That DAX studio seems to be something very useful, for more than just this task. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Jeffrey, thanks for sharing that link though. It does seem like maybe a helpful tool if I was trying to decipher someone else's workbook.

Upvote 0
ImkeF, thanks for the tip. I installed DAX studio, followed the instructions from the link you shared, and it worked like charm.

Thanks for sharing!! That saved me a lot of time!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back