Bid Model witn PPivot

GorD

I'm trying to see if i can update our ageing Bid model using Power Pivot and teach myself at the sametime

Ciurrent model allows for upto 5 bid quantities

It's Mechanical assemblys and Circuit cards mainly.

We have an Engineering BOM (1st table), which has Parent assemblies, sub assemblies and components, also quantities and yield/attrition info. Components will repeat as they can be used on multiple sub assemblies. Also whether the parts are make or buy. I have a measure here that accumulates the total demand for each buy part

The second table, which i have linked to BOM table by component, will have upto 5 prices added (for each total bid qty) There will also be EOqs and pansizes, which will inflate component demand, but accounted for separately. The quote for each part could also be in £,$,or euro. Also vendor is added to this table
I have another table with Currency conversions

I am struggling to put measures in place to calculate the bid material cost of each assembly and sub assembly, ideally with an option of which currency

Does this sound like a good situation for Power Query

Any pointers on the measures for costs appreciated

The values in the bid qty slicer will be quantities that we have been asked to quote for by the customer. i.e 100 units, 250 units 500 units, 1000 units etc

Thanks for having a look

Why can i not get the price for the componenst on an assembly to display?, getting all the components, whether they are used on the particular assembly or not - doesn't seem to have the correct context - I think i have the relationships ok - but maybe not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Sorry, cannot help you here. Having problems picking out one aspect when the big picture / datamodel doesn't fit to the description (missing link between qty and bids/prices).

Hopefully somebody else is better at it than me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msilva74

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back