Change Power Pivot Drill Down Column Headings

AnalystInNM

When I drill down into my dashboard the detail sheet has column names that are prefixed by table name ie. [tablename].[MemberName]. I'd like to see the column headers without the table prefix, is there any way to do this? Myself and a colleague are going batty trying to fix this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Are you talking about double clicking a cell in a pivot table with a power pivot backend? If so, this is the standard (crap) behaviour and it is not configurable.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm double clicking in a pivot table on "Number of Members" (see below)

StatusNumber of Members
Due Within 10 Days11
Due Within 30 Days400
Due Within 45 Days100
Due Within 60 Days500
Due Within 90 Days100

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Double clicking enables me to drill down to member detail but the column headings look like this:
[$ref_CNA_Due 1].[MCaidID][$ref_CNA_Due 1].[Enrollment Effective Date][$ref_CNA_Due 1].[fullname]
999999999901/01/2015SMITH, JOHN
444444444401/01/2014SMITH, JANE

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

This is part of a dashboard that a colleague built and the customer isn't pleased with this column header appearance. So there really isn't any way around this?

Upvote 0
As I mentioned earlier - it is crap, and it isn't configurable. I don't know of any solution. You could maybe use VBA and DAX queries to get a better outcome, but that may be complex depending on the variation in the pivot table. If the extract is always the same shape (same columns), then I think it would be doable, but some effort.

Upvote 0
"When I drill down into my dashboard the detail sheet has column names that are prefixed by table name ie. [tablename].[MemberName]."

I know this is an old thread, but I wonder if anyone has found a solution to this issue yet?or any VBA examples you could post to remove the table names? TIA!!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have a simple workaround that mostly helps getting over this insanely ugly functionality. So here it goes:

- From the PowerPivot window (data view), edit (by double clicking) the tab's name at the bottom of the screen and change to the number "1". This way, the drill down result will display 1(column name). Obviously the name edit needs to be done on the tab (data set) being drilled down on. Check out the before and after below:

1578400846920.png
vs.
1578400912773.png

Hope this helps. Unfortunately a blank space will not work so it makes sense to use numbers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back