DAX Formula for % of Emps

Lamda

Hello All,

I have a scenario to where I am putting employees into buckets of when someone has initiated an action and when they have not. So say I have 1000 emps and lets say 600 initiated an action and 400 did not. I need to show in my report in Excel my bucket of 0 or 1+ Actions - so this would be one column, and then in the next column I want to show the # of Actions and then the % of those employees off of the total # of employees. So it would look something like:

Actions-----Values
0------------400
0------------40%
1------------600
1------------60%

In my SSAS/DAX data model I have the count of employee's as 1000, and created a column for the Buckets showing if an employee had an Action or not. So I have those just fine - my issue is creating the DAX formula to come up with the 40%/60% in my example above. In a logical way its simple as its The # of Emps with an action / total # of Emps. But how do I do that in my model? I have an Emps column where I do a count of all Emps. I have an Action column and I have created a Sum Measure of those. As I stated, I created a Bucket column to determine whether the Emp had an action or not. I tried to sum that up and then divide it by the Emps total but that didn't remotely work, lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Your employee count measure responds to the natural filtering behaviour of the pivot table. That is why you get 400 and 600. What you need is a variation of that measure that does not respond to the filtering of the Pivot - in other words one that will always show the total of all employees. You can do that like this

=CALCULATE([original measure],ALL(TableName[action column]))

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I guess my issue is that in the formula you put above - what I end up with is the % of emps with Actions ends up being 100% while the % of emps with no actions ends up being 0. What I am looking for in my example above is to get a percentage of 40% of emps with no actions and 60% for both - so who so I do both in the same formula?

Upvote 0
It is so much easier to help if you can post a sample workbook with your current (not working) formulas. If you can do that (say with Dropbox) I will take a look for you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back