Power Query produces white page

stoutbn

Board Regular
I want to get the contents of an input table for a data repository our company stores online. I copied the url of the input table and tried the "From Web" option within power query.

When I try to load it sends me to the query editor page showing a white piece of paper with the url beneath it and file size in bytes. (cannot attach picture)

When I right click the file and select CSV or Excel file, I either get several lines of code that I don't understand or a failed excel connection.

Does anyone know the solution to this or why it does not work? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
What do you mean it is an input table? Is it empty boxes on a page that you must enter data in to? Power query can only extract data from web if the data is in tabular format.

Upvote 0
This input table has a web url which is why I assumed it was possible to use with power query. But it also has .application in the url which may mean that it is a custom app and why I am having a problem. What determines whether the data is in tabular format? Sorry I am fairly new to this.

Upvote 0
What determines whether the data is in tabular format?

Generally it is HTML Table tags and I am guessing DIV tags as well. The easiest way to test is to point Power Query to the URL and see what it finds. If it doesn't find the data you want, then it can't read it. I guess this brings you back to where you started - it just doesn't work on your data. Sorry, I don't think there is any secret sauce that you are missing - if you are copying the URL from the web page where you can see the data you want, and when you paste it into Power Query you don't see the table, then I think you are out of luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back