Append seems to be dropping data

okiejw

Hello,

I have successfully queried 33 tables, from multiple workbooks, together and all the individual tables created seem to have 100% of the source data (numbers) intact. However, when I append these tables, some of the data is pulled in while others are not (cells are blank). I have tried isolating some data that works and some not working to see if there are differences in source formulas or formatting but I find no issues. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have searched in previous posts but can't seem to find if this issue has come up. BTW, I have a little over 2.5 days of combined experience with power query and online forums so please pardon any rookie mistakes. Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Is the data that is missing all of the same data type within a column, and of a different type to the data that is coming through correctly?

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply.
the data is all within a column, and the data coming through as well as what is missing are numbers formatted as numbers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back