PowerPivot not loading Excel file

ffreese

Folks,
I am running Win10 and Excel 2016. I have enabled the PowerPivot Add-In. The I went to PowerPivot - Manager to get external data. As soon as I browsed to the file I wanted and selected it the file started to load without allowing me any other actions. Excel then stopped responding. Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Typically, you would load data with Power Query, not with Power Pivot (I didn't even know that was possible...).
Nowadays, Power Query is called "Get and Transform data" and it is located on the Data tab.
Choose "New Query" and proceed from there.
Once you defined your query, you can add the data to the data model by choosing the drop down arrow in "Close & Load" in the Query Editor and choose "Close & Load" which will give you a popup on which you can check the box at the bottom "Add this data to the Data Model".

Upvote 0
Directly loading in Power Pivot is a valid way to load the data. You should see a wizard to filter rows and select or deselect columns. What is your data source?

Upvote 0
Directly loading in Power Pivot is a valid way to load the data. You should see a wizard to filter rows and select or deselect columns. What is your data source?

My data source is my local drive. I did reinstall Office Rp 2016 and the problem went away. I now have my wizard to filter rows and deselect columns

Thanks to all for stepping up to help me. I really appreciate it. How do I close this thread since I'm new MrExcel?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back